2011 FIRST QUARTER NEW COMPANIES
Expanding Customer Base For R2 Logistics, Inc.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – April 18, 2011
R2 Logistics, Inc., a third party logistics service provider, announced today that it has launched a distribution solution for The Scotts Company, the industry leader in lawn and garden products. R2 will manage shipments from two of The Scotts locations to nearly 60 distribution centers around the United States.
R2’s Columbus, Ohio branch will be responsible for managing the newly acquired Scotts Company account. Other notable accounts attained by the Columbus branch during the first quarter of 2011 include American Rock Salt, the largest operating salt mine in the U.S., and Montebello Packaging, manufacturers of aluminum and laminate tubes for pharmaceutical, food, veterinary, cosmetic and industrial applications.
R2 was also able to gain new business through its Detroit, Michigan branch. Joining the customer base at this location is Dow Chemical, a company that uses science and technology to address many of the world’s most challenging problems.
Rounding off the acquisition of new customers during the first quarter of 2011 was R2’s Jacksonville, Florida office where it was able to bring in five new customers. These companies include:
- Speedling, Inc – one of the world’s largest producers of containerized transplants
- Art and Frame Direct – a manufacturer of a full spectrum of decorative accessories
- Lodge Lumber – wholesale distributors of plywood and lumber for commercial and industrial use
- Suncoast Garden Products – producers of multiple types of mulches, bedding, professional garden products, and premium landscape rock
- Southland Wood Products – a lumber distributor and remanufacturer of industrial products
About R2 Logistics, Inc.
R2 Logistics, Inc. is a third-party logistics company headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. The company works with over 16,000 transportation providers nationwide. R2 Logistics delivers industry-leading services through three primary operating branches. These branches focus primarily on full truckload transportation, as well as services including less-than-truckload (LTL), expedited freight, intermodal, certified hazardous material, specialized hauling and supply chain management. For more information about R2 Logistics, visit www.r2logisticsteam.com.